Search Engine Optimisation Agreement
This agreement is hereby entered into between Company Name here (hereinafter referred to as “Company” and _____________________ (hereinafter referred to as “Client”) on the ___ day of _______, 200___.
1. ”Company” agrees to provide “Client” with Search Engine Optimisation and Reporting Services (if applicable) (hereinafter referred to as “SEO”). “Company” is authorised to improve the ranking of, and/or positioning the contents of the “Client” URL(s) below, in the search engines and/or directories that are used by the general public.
2. “Client” agrees to pay “Company” an agreed monthly fee as stated in point 9 for the duration stated under point 8. Fee must be received at the beginning of each month prior to any services provided. SEO Services are intended to provide the client with preferential positioning in selected search engines and report results on an ongoing and timely basis. SEO Services include:
Research keywords and phrases and edit where applicable.
Edit various html tags and page content to submit to selected search engines and directories.
Create as required, additional web pages for the purpose of “catching” keyword/phrase searches.
Submit your pages to search engines and directories.
3. For the purposes of providing these services, “Client” agrees to provide:
“Client” agrees and authorizes “Company” FTP access to the main site for uploading new pages, and making changes for the purpose of Optimisation OR approval to go through 3rd Party.
“Client” authorizes “Company” use of all logos, trademarks, Web site images, etc., for use in creating informational pages and any other uses as deemed necessary by “Company” for search engine positioning and Optimisation.
If “Client” site is light in textual content, “Client” will provide additional relevant text content in electronic format for the purpose of creating additional web pages. Client agrees to provide content, for example 200 to 500-word “articles” about each of their keyword phrases if required.
4. “Client” acknowledges the following with respect to services:
“Company” has no control over the policies of search engines with respect to the type of sites and/or content that they accept now or in the future. “Client” site may be excluded from any directory at any time at the sole discretion of the search engine or directory. “Company” will resubmit those pages that have been dropped from the index.
Due to the competitiveness of some keywords/phrases, ongoing changes in search engine ranking algorithms and other competitive factors, “Company” can never guarantee #1 positions or consistent top 10 positions for any particular keyword, phrase or search term.
It is solely at the discretion of the search engines themselves to list the “Client” site.
Occasionally, search engines will stop accepting submissions for an indefinite period of time.
Occasionally, search engines will drop listings for no apparent or predictable reason. Often listing will “reappear” without any additional submissions. Should the listing not reappear, “Company” will re-submit the site based on the current policies of the search engine in question.
5. The “Company” is not responsible for changes made to the Web site by other parties that adversely affect the search engine rankings of the “Client” Web site.
6. Additional Services not listed in this proposal will be provided for at an additional hourly rate of £30.
7. “Company” is not responsible for “Client” overwriting SEO work to “Client” site. For example, Client webmaster or administrator making changes and uploading over work already provided.
8. The duration of this agreement shall be ‘number’ months.
9. The total monthly cost under this agreement for the above services will be £000
10. “Company” reserves the right to cancel the service at any time. In this event “Client” will not be entitled to a pay for the remaining period of service. Unfortunately, there is no cancellation period offered during the period stated under point 8 unless agreed otherwise in writing by “Company”.
Client Signatory, _______________________________________ Date _________________
“Client” agrees that it shall defend, indemnify, save and hold “Company” harmless from any and all demands, liabilities, losses, costs and claims, including reasonable attorney’s fees asserted against “Company”, its agents, its customers, officers and employees, that may arise or result from any service provided or performed or agreed to be performed by its agents, employees or contractors. “Client” agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless “Company” against liabilities arising out of; (1) any injury to person or property caused by any products sold or otherwise distributed in connection with “Company” (2) any material supplied by “Client” infringing or allegedly infringing on the proprietary rights of a third party; (3) copyright infringement.
“Company” will not be responsible for any damages your business may suffer. “Company” makes no warranties of any kind, expressed or implied for services we provide. “Company” disclaims any warranty or merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. This includes loss of data resulting from delays, non-deliveries, wrong delivery, and any and all service interruptions caused by “Company” and its employees. It is recommended that you keep a backup of your important data. “Company” reserves the right to revise its policies at any time.